Some Activities whilst at Boyles:
- Take the train into the city or Kings Cross.
- Check out Cronulla's beaches, restaurants, bars and shopping.
- Ride a tram at the Tramway Museum.
- Go for a swim or a gym work-out at nearby Sutherland Leisure Centre.
- See a show or conference at Sutherland Entertainment Centre, a short walk away.
- Go on a scenic drive through the National Park, or catch the ferry between Cronulla and Bundeena.
- Visit the historic boat shed at Woronora or at Audley and hire a canoe.
- Take a scenic drive via the Sea Cliff Bridge and Grand Pacific Drive to Wollongong,
or take the train for a parallel experience.
- Visit Hazelhurst .regional gallery and art centre.
- Several times a year the Heritage Express passes through Sutherland from Sydney Central station travelling down to the South Coast and back the same day. Book a ride and see how train travel was in the steam era, or just watch it go past.
- If visiting for education, training or business development - nearby are Loftus and Gymea TAFE Colleges, the Loftus Campus of the University of Wollongong and the SSHED (Sutherland Shire Hub for Economic Development).
Some more detail on some of these suggestions is below.
Some Local Attractions:
|EG Waterhouse National Camellia Gardens:
Named after the late Professor EG Waterhouse, a leading authority on camellias. Pick up a map featuring walks through the 8 Ha gardens from the Teahouse and enjoy lunch. Free Admission.
Cnr President Ave & Kareena Rd, Caringbah.
|Sydney Tramway Museum:
A large collection of trams, a number of which can be ridden. On Sundays take the tram across to the Royal National Park. Open Sundays and Public Holidays (except Christmas) and some Wednesdays and Saturdays in School Holidays. Cnr Rawson Ave & Pitt St, Loftus (adj to Loftus station).
Regional and Community Art Gallery, Arts Centre with studios, theatrette, and cafe. Free guided tours every month.
General exhibits are free admission, some special exhibits charge an entry fee.
Cnr President Ave & Talara Rd, Gymea (walking distance to Gymea station).
|Cronulla Beaches: Cronulla, North Cronulla, Elouera, Wanda ...
A succession of over 5 km of surf beaches, some within walking distance of Cronulla Station via the shopping centre and Cronulla Mall.
Gunnamatta Park is at the back of Cronulla Station, with a bayside swimming pool, plus access to houseboat hire, also to ferries and cruises on Port Hacking to Bundeena and the Royal National Park.
National Parks, the area possesses a variety of parks, including:
|Sutherland Entertainment Centre:
A multi-purpose venue hosting a wide variety of events such as conferences, presentations, dinners, product launches, community and professional theatre and concerts. It is able to accommodate up to 900 guests for concerts, 500 guests for dinner events and has over 550 square metres of exhibition space.
It is at 30 Eton St, Sutherland, a short walk from Boyles Sutherland Hotel.
|Sutherland Leisure Centre
Swimming pools, complete fitness centre and gymnasium facility
within 10 mins walking distance of Boyles Hotel.
Sutherland Shire Hub for Economic Development.
Located adjacent to Loftus TAFE College
and the Loftus Campus of the University of Wollongong.
Loftus is just one train stop south of Sutherland.